Spain: a country of mystery with a wine history stretching back 6000 years and a terrain so diverse as to produce a range of wines that never cease to surprise and amaze…
WCB presents The Spanish Wine School; fun and educational tastings giving an insight into this fabulous country and all that it has to offer the wine lover. Sessions are taught by a Certified wine educator in the heart of the city, in the super-trendy Born neighbourhood. The wines have been chosen with quality in mind and are the benchmark products for each category and region. Barcelona is a treasure trove for anyone who loves wine, so come and explore it with WCB in 2017!
Vinos Mediterraneos: Sparkling Gems & Bold Classics
Dive into the Mediterranean with this engaging tasting, covering the wines of Cava, Catalunya and Rioja. True Spanish classics with a wealth of history and excitement behind them, but what makes these wines truly great? Why do they deserve such a reputation? And, most importantly, what should they taste like? Covering the history and culture of wine in Spain and tasting seven wines, chosen for their quality and as true and great representations of what these regions have to offer, Vinos Mediterraneos is a great opportunity to get to know the real Spain.
What will we be tasting?
Seven fabulous wines, including:
- Lopez de Heredia Gravonia Blanco (94 points with Wine Advocate)
- Bodegas Bhilar Rioja (90 points with Wine Advocate)
- Acustic Celler Ritme Priorat (90 points with Wine Advocate)
- Tasting room at Bodega Maestrazgo, Carrer de Sant Pere Més Baix, 92, Barcelona 08003
- Nearest Metro: Arc de Triomf
- Friday and selected afternoons, 3.30pm-5.30pm (Please check dates for availability)
- For private groups (minimum 5 persons) at a time to suit you, please get in touch using the contact form.
How much does it cost?
Vinos Atlanticos: Dramatic Landscapes & Mysterious Jerez